HEY, WHY NOT?

Ramblings, musings and generally boring stuff. Mostly about bikes...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My life with the Thrill Kill Kult, err, I mean Team Revolution

"Good things are coming your way, you know they always have" -Rival Schools

The only thing constant is life is change. Some changes truely bring surprize, while others are more or less expected. This change falls somewhere in between.

Team Revolution's Elite Race team disbanded last week. I don't know all the details. I'm not sure I ever will, nor do I want to. It's not for me to know.
What I do know is that the Team Revolution founders, Carrie and Chris, have a renewed sense of purpose and direction with Team Revolution, the Club. That piece is important for me, being the board president (no, not the bored president!)

We've seen a lot of great changes this year and I hope they can continue. Our first annual Frostbike ride series in January was a HUGE sucess. Spin class has gone on for 9 weeks as of today, with one hiccup that turned into a fun outdoor spin class during an unseasonable warm February night. The technique development clinic had almost 20 participants! We have 12 signed up for the "Dirty Girls" Maintenance Clinic next week. We've started a ride committee, found leaders for the Weds rides - starting 3/18 and are planning other regular Team Revolution rides. I am looking forward to more clinics, rides, charity events and Happy Hours.
While I am sad for the members of the Elite Team, I am happy for myself and the members of the club. Having increased attention, effort and work is a good thing.
I am sad about losing Jessi's role. She put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the race team and the club had started to reap direct benefit. I wonder what will become of all of this work and hard-earned relationships with sponsors.
Still, I am hopeful that good things are coming our way.

As an unrelated aside, if I were a Roller Derby Girl, my name would be: Kitty Kildare! (My original name was already taken).

No comments: