HEY, WHY NOT?

Ramblings, musings and generally boring stuff. Mostly about bikes...

Monday, December 6, 2010

And the days go by....

Boy am I a lazy blogger!?! But I promise I've been a busy girl!

I admire my friend Suzanne's blog and her recent 365 challenge (which she is keeping up with smashingly, by the way). I keep thinking that one of these days I should start a 365 project to keep me motivated to write more of this stuff. (I keep thinking that by writing more, my thoughts will become more focused, streamlined and, well..., interesting!)

But I spend my time doing so many other things instead... AND The days just fly by.

I am blessed with a good job that keeps me active and keeps my brain stimulated. Most days I grab lunch while typing... but I am also thankful for the down time this job affords me. Usually I am spending this down time working on Team Revolution stuff or catching up on educational websites
When I am not seated in a cubicle (yes, I have a Master's degree and I sit in a cubicle. I left my office with beautiful floor to ceiling windows and heavy wooden doors for a $20,000 pay increase!) I am seated on a bike, somewhere....

My coach has given me a 5-6 workout/week schedule, with Monday and Fridays usually rest days. Weight lifting/stretching occupy my time on Weds & Sat and Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sunday I am on the bike. Time ticks by as I spin the pedals. Fortunately I have some intervals, and now cold weather, mixed in there to keep things interesting.

Sundays are often long rides. So far the weather has been kind and accomodating; however, last Sunday I was grateful the long ride was only 2 hours (rest week!).
I headed over to Suzanne's house and suited up with Kate, Jamie and Suzanne. 28.4 degrees at our start. The wind and lack of sunshine made it even more interesting.

My biggest motivation to ride this Sunday was actually the cold. I will continue to ride throughout the winter. Last year the lowest temp I rode in was 11 degrees (with some sun!). I have found that if I keep riding, at gradually lower and lower temperatures, when I get to 11, it doesn't seem so shocking. But if I miss a series of 30, 25, 20 degree rides, 11 just seems unbearable.



So, I am sure I'll continue to be busy...working, riding, working, riding. I'll get around to blog whenever I can. Maybe, just maybe, I incorporate more writing in my new years resolution!

No comments: